Is your PC or laptop running Slowly ?
If your machine is running slowly this means something is probably hogging resources. This could be a rouge program that is using too many CPU cycles, or is using too much memory, hard disk or network bandwidth. It could be that your machine has been infected with a virus or Trojan or it could be a faulty device driver. If you have a traditional hard disk it could be that the file system has become heavily fragmented - though this is less of a problem with modern systems.
A corrupt registry or other operating system issues can also result in slow performance or it might simply be that you have too many programs set to start automatically for the amount of RAM installed in the system.
To Summarise: Slow Performance can be caused by:-
- Rogue programs hogging resources
- Virus infection or other Malware
- Faulty device driver
- Fragmented hard disk
- Registry corruption
- Corrupted operating system
- Too many programs set to automatically start
- Lack of memory
Don't Worry. We can help
We will fully analyse your system and find the root cause of any performance degradation and take appropriate remedial action.
- We will check for any programs that may be hogging system resources
- We will ensure that your system is up to date with latest patches and drivers
- We will scan your machine for all types of viruses and malware using a number of different scanners
- We have high success rates of removing viruses and other Malware
- Some types of Malware can be very difficult or impossible to remove (such as ransomware attacks)
- However, we can re-install the operating system to a clean state if necessary
- Windows 10 contains a digital licence so re-installation is straight forward even if you have lost your original licence key
- With older operating systems, the original licence key will be needed otherwise a new licence key will need to be purchased
- We can analyse ALL programs that are set to start
automatically and prevent any unnecessary programs from starting
(you may be surprised at all the programs that automatically start every time you turn your computer on)
- We will ensure that your system has adequate RAM and can fit extra memory if necessary
- We will ensure that your hard disk is not fragmented
- For best results, we can replace your hard disk with an SSD (solid state drive). These drives have no moving parts and operate much faster than traditional (spinning) hard disks
- We will collect PCs in Worcestershire area or you can send in via courier if you live further away
- Our rates are extremely competitive and typically range from £30 to £80 for a full system health check and virus removal.
- We can provide a fixed rate quote once we have examined the machine - no cost for callouts within Worcestershire area.