Windows File Recovery
- Lost your important photos ?
- Accidentally deleted the presentation you have been working on all week ?
- Inadvertently formatted a USB memory stick or flash drive ?
- Unable to find those important documents ?
- Have missing e-mails in Outlook or unable to open your Outlook inbox at all ?
- Can't remember your Windows Administrator password ?
- Lost the password to your Word or Excel files ?
Don't Panic: Let us help
If you have lost important files or data the first thing to do is to turn off your computer to improve the chances of the file(s) being recovered and then call us on01905 371289.
When files are deleted or the disk is formatted, generally the space that the file(s) previously occupied is marked as "available" to the operating system and the entries to the files are removed from the master index but the file is not actually deleted.
Depending upon the amount of free space on the hard drive (or other media) the actual files may be over-written if you continue to use your computer making data recovery much more difficult. If the system is powered off immediately there is a very high chance that the file can be quickly recovered. We will remove the disk from your system and read files from our laptop, using our data recovery software to maximise the chances of successful file recovery*.
- We can recover all types of files and documents from your hard drive, USB memory stick or Flash drive.
- We can recover data from a "dead" system that will not turn on or boot up.
- We can come to your home or office to carry out data recovery or you can send removable media to us by post or courier.
- No call out fees within 20 miles of Worcester (call for options if you are further away).
- We can often recover corrupted PST (Outlook email) or DBF and SQL (database) files.
- 95% data recovery rates (if media is not physically damaged).
- We can also help recover lost passwords including Windows logon passwords, MS Excel (XLS) and Word (DOC) files.
- 99% password recovery rates for older XLS and DOC files.
- Password recovery takes much longer for newer Word (DOCX) and Excel (XLSX) files and success rates are lower than DOC and XLS formats.
- *You only pay for files that we actually recover - if we are unable to recover your data you don't pay a penny!
- We can also provide advice on back-up routines to allow you to safely recover your files in the future.
Costs range from £20 - £60 depending upon the number of files recovered and time taken.